Yep. It’s true. EVIL I tell ya!
For dinner yesterday (BBQ at the Dad’s to meet Son of Doo-Doo and his sweetie) I made a salad, fruit salad, and some kickass guacamole.
I had easily washed my hands THREE time since cutting up the jalapeno and thought it was safe to rub my nose. WRONG! Seriously, the little mo’fo’s should come with a warning label. The oils from the pepper stayed on my hands for hours afterwards, after multiple washings, and yes, after I rubbed my nose, you guessed it, nose of fire! For HOURS the tip of my nose and nostrils burned, which was awesome. I scratched my face when I washed it before bed, just a little scratch, and for hours my face burned where I had scratched it–I assume from residual jalapeno oil.
Aside from this, is was great to meet Son of Doo-Doo and his girlfriend. They are very sweet people and Nick and I enjoyed dinner very much. They were very sweet and procured dairy free ice cream for desert! Needless to say, I’m looking forward to seeing them again, soon, and getting to know them better.
Today, Nick is in Portland for his dad’s retirement party, so I’m going to have to stay focused today! He is really great and helping me stay on track. Today, my to-do list is pretty loaded up. Here’s a taste:
1. Send PPT to client
2. Biz Dev (time to revisit old contacts today!)
3. Write Birthday Trees (it is my Monday tradition!)
4. Run errands – I need some of my spf 50 cover-up (drat the sun and aging!), plus I need to go to Bed Bath and Beyond for Roomba brushes (mine, though only 8 months old is starting to show signs of wear and be less effective) and coffee accessories (cone and gold filter cone, and actual water filter thingies) and I’m finally FINALLY going to pop for an ironing board! Ha! Life’s little pleasures. Last night, whilst pressing out Nick’s shirt at 11:30 on the kitchen counter with a hand towel under it was the straw that broke the camels back. And if I feel so inclined I may pop into the mall here and look for some new boxers for Nick and workout clothes for me. Exciting, ohhh yeah, you know it! 😉
5. Pull more Birthday Trees for the book
6. Walk dog
7. Clean Office (As a surprise for Nick! It’s been getting a little grubby and I *think* it could use a deep clean. 🙂
8. Tidy House
9. If time, find contacts for Heather for Horny Toad and other possible companies that would be a good fit for her.
10. Finally figure out that healthcare crap. Bah. I’ve been researching to no avail–so confusing, which I bet is part of the schtick.
Anyway, I hope you all have a productive Monday! Nick will be home LATE (after midnight!) so I’ll be cranking away on all of this to keep myself occupied and distracted from missing him!
Ha, how could I forget? 11. BLOG. 😉 Obviously.