Happy Friday everyone! What do you make when you want something sweet, semi-healthy, that is easy and quick to make? Banana Yummies of course. Well, I don’t know what else to call them, so you figure out the name. I’ll just give you the recipe and directions! Sure, this isn’t super original, but they are very tasty, so….here ya go.
I also love the limited number of ingredients this recipe calls for!
1 Banana (or more, depending on how many people you want to share the yummies with. I find that if I make too much of a good thing, I eat too much of a good thing, and well, you guessed it! It isn’t such a good thing in the end! And by end, I mean MY end!) lol)
Peanut Butter &/or Almond Butter (I wasn’t sure which would be tastier, so I did half and half! More on this to follow!)
4 TBS Chocolate Chips (I like the Enjoy Life brand, they are vegan, but if you aren’t vegan, use what you have around the house.)
1/2 Tsp. Coconut Oil (optional. Makes the chocolate nice, smooth, and more melty.)
1. Slice up your bananas. Lay slices on a small plate or baking sheet lined with wax paper. Note: I thought I was being all fancy to slice them diagonally. I do NOT recommend doing this! Had I thought about it better, I would have realized that trying to line up the tops with the bottoms down the road to make them sandwiched would be tricky. Then, getting them all coated with chocolate would also be hard! Boo! Anyway, make them nice, coin shaped, about a 1/4 inch thick or so.
2. Put a little dollop of either peanut butter or almond butter in the center or 1/2 the slices.
3. Next, turn them into little sandwiches!
See what I mean about how they don’t line up nicely? Coin shaped, people! Coin shaped! lol
4. Put the little banana sammies in the freezer for about 10 minutes while you prep and melt your chocolate.
5. Place the coconut oil in a small pan or pot. Using medium low heat, melt the coconut oil. Then add the chocolate chips and stir until the mix is nice and smooth. Careful, vegan chocolate melts kinda funny sometimes! It can burn much faster than regular chocolate.
6. Place semi-frozen banana sammies on a fork, then spoon chocolate all over them until they are completely covered. Then place back on the wax paper. Once all sammies have been covered in chocolate, put them back in the freezer.
7. Let freeze for about an hour. Eat, enjoy, share, eat…. 🙂
Almond Butter vs Peanut Butter! Which tasted better, you might ask? BOTH were equally AMAZING. I’d suggest try making both and have a taste test like we did around here. Nick and I couldn’t decide which was better. If you make ’em and have a preference, I’d love to know!
Next order of business: KICKSTARTER UPDATE. Well, I have SIX backers! Um, yes, they are all friends and family. So, at least I know who I’m giving a kidney to should they ever need one! 😉 I’m starting to get a little nervous that people may not “get” my idea, or something. On my Kickstarter stats, people watch my entire video only 20% of the time! Guys. Watch the FULL video. There are outtakes and they are funny; certainly worth sticking around for!
27 days left on Kickstarter! Ah! Okay, here is the link again, in case y’all missed it.
And here is the facbook page for Modern Pirate Quarterly! Go “like” it! You know you do! 🙂
Last but not least, people, have a great Friday!