Happy Fall, y’all!
Today is the first official day of fall! To celebrate and make sure I start the season right, I made some very tasty, fall inspired cookies!
I also busted out my brand new pumpkin body lotion and fall-smelling candles to boot! So now my house smells like a pumpkin and I do, too! But back to the important stuff: COOOOOOKIES!!!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Cookies (me want it.)
2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Heaping tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Allspice
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (Lightly packed)
1/2 Cup (1 stick) Softened Earth Balance Baking Sticks
1 Cup Pumpkin
1 Ener-g Egg Replacer
1/2 Tbs. Vanilla
2 Tbs. Maple Syrup
Uh-huh-uh-huh-uh-huh! Flavor profile Pumpkin Bomb ‘Splosion! 🙂
1. Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a larger bowl, cream your “butter”.
3. Beat in the sugars, ener-g, vanilla, and maple syrup. Cream until light and fluffy.
4. Add the pumpkin to your sugar/butter mix and combine.
5. Slowly add your reserved dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, mixing until nicely combined.
6. Using a spoon or small scoop, drop the cookie dough onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes (check the bottoms for done-ness). If you made larger cookies than me, they will obviously take longer. I’m trusting you all to know when the cookies are done. 🙂
Notes: These cookies taste very pumpkin-y and make your house smell AAAHHH-MAAAAAY-ZING! They are better once they have cooled 100%, and it will be hard to wait! You could easily roll them in a little cinnamon sugar before baking. To me, it seemed like they needed a little….something. The naked cookies were yummy, but they needed GLAZE. Yes. When in doubt add more sugar, right? …right. 😉
Glaze (these amounts are approximate; I suggest futzing with the ratios to get the taste right for your taste buds)
1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Almond Milk (or alternative milk option of your choice; doesn’t need to be vanilla either, it’s just what I had handy)
1 tsp Maple Syrup
8-10 Drops of Lemon Juice (this helps make it a bit less shockingly sweet)
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir together until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.
These cookies will certainly help perk up a ho-hum day and fill your house with some fun, autumnal cheer! They are pretty easy to make, too. Nick said that these cookies would be good with raisins in ’em. …I guess I could see that. Me? I just want to eat them!
I’m going to bring some with me tonight because we are headed to Santa Barbara to go see Son of Doo-doo and Heather! Yay for game night!
Next order of business: Kickstarter! I got my 7th backer today! Huzzah! Thank you to all my backers and to all of you who are helping to spread the word. I am so grateful. 🙂 Keep up the good work and I might share some pumpkin cookies with you!
Oh, wait, you missed the Kickstarter link? Here it is again!
Do you need even more ways to stay in connection with all things pirate? Like Modern Pirate Quarterly on Facebook!