Guys. Cinnamon Rolls. Good ones. VEGAN ones.
7 ingredients. Minimal effort. SUPER good results, as in I couldn’t mess this one up, and the yield was 10, knock your socks off cinnamon rolls.
Now, for the all important details. I found this gem of a recipe on http://minimalistbaker.com/
Go HERE for it! ——-> http://minimalistbaker.com/the-worlds-easiest-cinnamon-rolls/ Or just scroll. I’ll include it at the bottom of the post.
I’m a little bummed because not everything on this site is vegan. The cinnamon rolls sure are, however. I’m pleased to announce that this recipe is a solid 10 out of 10. I almost can’t believe it because I can usually find something to add or improve upon. I fought the urges to add pecans, raisins, and brown sugar because I just wanted to keep the integrity of the recipe intact and as it was intended. Super simple. Super easy. And I’m tell you all–fight the urge, too, because these simply don’t need it. They are amazing just as they are.
This recipe gets points for:
1. Easy instructions + easy to come by ingredients.
2. Great dough. Seriously. I’m trying to think up other ways to use it.
3. General high level of deliciousness.
4. House smelled great.
5. Post copious taco feasting, everyone still wanted to eat these–and ate not just one, but TWO whole ones! Just that alone should tell you all something.
Making cinnamon rolls is a multi-step process. But the steps were easy and so worth it. Here are the little guys, just chillin’ on the “warming” zone on my stove.
Lookie how fluffy that dough is! It was tender, soft, tasty…just perfect.
Nary a cinnamon roll was left. All plates were licked clean–literally. Including the baking dish! I used the vegan cream cheese frosting by following the link provided.
I will be making these again, very, very soon! Possibly today. I’m bummed none were left for day after leftovers!
I’ll post an original, Glitterpony created recipe soon. I just had to share because I made these last night to take to taco Tuesday/game night and they were such a hit. Do you guys have any great cinnamon roll recipes I should take a look at? Let me know! Hope you all have a great Wednesday and I encourage you to wander over to the Minimalist Baker and try this recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Minimalist Baker @ http://www.minimalistbaker.com
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup Earth balance (vegan butter), divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp sugar, divided
- In a large sauce pan (or in a bowl in the microwave at 30 sec increments), heat the almond milk and 3 Tbsp Earth Balance until warm and melted, never reaching boiling. Remove from heat and let cool to 110 degrees, or the temperature of bath water. It should be warm but not too hot or it will kill the yeast.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes, then add 1 Tbsp sugar and the salt and stir.
- Next add in flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as you go. The dough will be sticky. When it is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose balll. Rinse your mixing bowl out, coat it with canola or grapeseed oil, and add your dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size (see photo).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle. Brush with 3 Tbsp melted Earth Balance and top with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 – 1Tbsp cinnamon.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Then with a serrated knife or a string of floss, cut the dough into 1.5 – 2 inch sections and position in a well-buttered 8×8 square or comparable sized round pan (you should have about 10 rolls). Brush with remaining 2 Tbsp Earth Balance (melted) and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven to let rise again while you preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the oven is hot, bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until very slightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and then serve immediately.
- Optional: Frost with dairy free cream cheese frosting or a simple mixture of powdered sugar and almond milk.